What are nootropics?
Nootropics are a range of supplements, ingredients and botanical extracts that may improve mental performance and cognition in healthy people. Think supplements specifically for the brain.
Are nootropics safe?
The scientist who first coined the term nootropics specified that true brain-boosting nootropics must have very few side effects and extremely low toxicity.
As with all supplements, there are many brands with different ingredients and formulations so here's some things to look out for:
• Natural vs Synthetic - are your nootropics using plant extracts and vitamins or complicated chemical names? At ANIMO, we use natural, plant based, clean ingredients to bring out your best.
• Ingredients - do you recognise the ingredients? Do they have a history of usage? Look for standardised nootropic herbs. e.g. Ginkgo Extract has been use in Asian cultures for hundreds of years as a cognitive enhancement and health ingredient.
• Research - Is there research around the ingredients that are included in the blend? e.g. There is research to show that Vitamin B12 is something that many of us lack in modern diets. As a result, we include B12 in our MERAKI blend.
As with any supplement, it is always best to speak with their doctors about the safety of any supplement before taking it.
Are nootropics legal?
ANIMO's nootropics are 100% legal.
How do I use ANIMO nootropics?
1. Shake well before use.
2. Using the volume pipette, fill 1.5ml of your chosen blend.
3. Add liquid to a small glass of water or consume directly.
Why does it say shake before use?
As with many plant extracts, ANIMO's nootropics can develop a sedement. This is entirely normal! Give the bottle a shake and you'll be good to go.
How do I store my nootropics?
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
How often should I take ANIMO nootropics?
You can use ANIMO nootropics daily. Please check daily dose on individual pack.
What are the benefits of nootropics?
For the last 40 years, scientists have been studying the effects of nootropics on mental performance, memory and mental health.
Among the many clinical studies published, there are suggestions of positive links between some nootropics and improved cognitive performance and health. Ultimately, we're all different and the way that we respond to various nootropic ingredients is not necessarily the same.
That’s why at ANIMO, we recommend getting to know the ingredients in your nootropics and monitoring how you respond to them - this will help you make the best choice on which blend you choose.
Are there any allergens?
Please always check the labels for allergens - allergens will be highlighted in bold. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch using the contact form at the bottom of the website.
Are nootropics vegan?
ANIMO's nootropics are entirely plant based - they are vegan.
Are nootropics gluten free?
ANIMO's nootropics are gluten free.